Friday 27 July 2012

The "Camel Hump" hijab

THERE ARE POSSIBLY  THOUSANDS OF BLOGS /EMAILS /WEBSITES THAT HAVE TOUCHED ON THIS ISSUE: SO NOW ITS MY TURN...LOL

I have been hearing about this whole big thing about how the "camel Hijaab" is haraam, and me loving my Hijaab, decided to go find out were it comes from. I found that it stems from a hadeeth that is as follows:

It was reported that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “There are two types of the people of Hell that I have not seen yet: men with whips like the tails of cattle, with which they strike the people, and women who are clothed yet naked, walking with an enticing gait, with something on their heads that looks like the humps of camels, leaning to one side. They will never enter Paradise or even smell its fragrance, although its fragrance can be detected from such and such a distance.” (Narrated by Ahmad and by Muslim in al-Saheeh).


]

Now I am no senior scholar or anything but I thought I would give just my opinion on it. At first I thought why would it be haraam? It’s encouraging more women and more youth to cover them and wear the Hijaab. I won’t lie... I sometimes wear it like that. And there is AWAYS a reason as to why something is made haraam.

looking at the Hadeeth I was wondering if all of those go together - referring to the women that will not enter...(or get the smell) of Paradise.

Because they do say 2 types of people:
Men with the whip people like cattle
And the women that are openly dressed with a "camel hump".

....At least thats how I read it....

Well what if you have a “camel hump” and you are covered?
Doesn’t that count for something?
Is it not about ourah?
Are we then not discouraging young women to wear the hijaab
Is this hadeeth then not taken out of context?
Just questions I’ve been asking myself since I’ve come across this whole thing.



I am not perfect; I listen to music and do a number of things that make me well...ME... Even though I try to better myself, I do have my flaws... (allot of them), but I think if it is encouraging young girls to cover themselves, which now a days is something very rare, then should it not be a good thing.  And I am not saying that all the ulema saying that this form of Hijaab is haraam are wrong. I just want to know what exactly makes it haraam. Is it because it has now become a fashion statement? And if so does it not encourage non Muslims to then cover themselves as well? Help them see the beauty in our deen?

Its all so confusing.



10 comments:

  1. Wearing Hijaab that way makes you look like you have two heads. Is this how Allah created you? Camel hump makes a girl look so ugly. Allah has asked us girls to be simple. The prophet said that camel hump is not allowed in Islam, then who are we to question him? An Islamical way of doing hijaab decently:
    It should not be transparent.
    Half your hair or fringe should not show.
    Cover your ears well.
    Wear decent clothes with the hijaab.
    It should not be in such a way that will expose your hair even if it is covered i.e the camel hump: you are showing your hair at the back of your head, even if they're covered.

    Well, if you're a good muslim, you will not question what the prophet has said any further, because you've no right to and whatever he said is obviously for our own good.

    P.S: This style of hijaab is not encouraging more people to do hijaab, instead, it is spoiling and insulting the way hijaab should be done in Islam.

    Assalamualeikum.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true. I agree with you. It is true.

      Delete
    2. as salaamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu. He who obeys Allah, also must obey His messenger (sallallahu alayhi wasalaam) I agree with you except I don't think it's ugly. I think it's a flamboyant way to dress and draws attention to one's self. We as Muslimahs are supposed to be obscure in our dress and not draw attention to ourselves as much as we can avoid.. Clearly the "camel hump" is haraam and women will not enter paradise or ever gain it's smell for this reason. May Allah forgive us and purify our hearts, niyyat and grant us pure submission to He and His Prophet Muhammad (sallallahu alayhi wasalaam).

      Delete
  2. http://islamanswers.co.uk/2011/09/camel-hump-style-hijaab/

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahh well...aoa...good thoughts...id just like to share wat i think..and that is...basically hijab is to hide your adornment...so as NOT to look pretty to ppl u r not supposed to attract....n not looking pretty is sumfin that really depresses a woman....this camel hump encourages lot of women to do hijab...cover head..cz this way they stil CAN look pretty and objectively they r covering also...so bottom line..ure denying the purpose of hijab...let us not fall into the trench of satan.. :) may Allah help us practice the real hijab n b content with looking pleasing to him alone :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. When the prophet pbuh says that we shouldnt do something we listen without asking questions. We are not allowed to voice our opinions about such matters. It is haram no questions asked.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello - I am not Muslim but I have a question. I see women in many different colored hijabs. In the pictures here, they are pink, for instance. I see black, blue, some patterns. Also, women wear make-up. Are these not efforts to look attractive? If the point of hijab is modesty, then is not not most modest to wear only black with no make-up or adornment? Are there different views on how much adornment is acceptable without being haraam? I find this discussion very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Salaam, This stupid debate leads people away from Islam?

    ReplyDelete
  7. to anonymous (17 july 2013 07:36)
    aslmz. it is muslims like you that give islam a bad name. Lilith (who is a non muslim) asked a question. mayb her reason for asking was cause she was curious or mayb she was considering cuming into the fold of islam. we may neva no y she asked. the way her question was answered might hav been the deciding factor for her.......but we will neva know now, will we because of people like u. had u answered her questions she might have cum into the fold of islam n so might 1,2,10,50,100,mayb even 100000 people who read your answer. tell the world abot islam mayb den people wont b so quick to lable us. don't just shut people off because they are non muslims...........aslmz from a muslim revert

    ReplyDelete
  8. Salam all. I am a Muslim and to be fair I have just started wearing my hijab. Long story short I have suffered from alopecia since 5 years old and have no hair at all. I always have been paranoid wearing a hijab on my head with no hair due to fear of it slipping off therefore I have been wearing a wig for 18 years. I have always been great full to Allah swt for creating me this way but my hair issue has been the focus of my life and over the years I have been bullied my personality changed at 18 years to a very defensive girl from a reserved and shy girl I became a angry and defensive person although my heart has always been in the right place. Now I managed to gain the courage to wear the hijab and because I am completely bold I have to wear 3 bonnets out of fear and a flowered claw clip to hold the cloths together and to give me a sense of security that it looks like I have hair.

    Can you tell me if I have taken a step from the wig to a hijab and all I am trying to do is feel like any other woman surely Allah swt is the greatest and has chose to make me this way and would already had been aware the pain and torture a girl can go through in this cruel world and how an innocent girl can turn out with no hair. Then surely Allah all mighty knows why I use the claw clip to look like I have hair to give me self confidence aswell. I can't see Allah will send me to hell for that. I personally feel as though Allah knows best and only Allah knows what is in your heart and he is not looking for things to put you in hell. The way things can be interpreted can dishearten and send me back to my wig and surely the scarf is better than the wig. I TRUST Allah SWT knows everything and knows I am not doing this for attracting men but for some self confidence. Also women are suppose to dress up and look nice without exposing there body for there husband but if girls are doing this for the wrong reasons it is haram full stop. Obviously if you don't look attractive to your husband then he will go with a women that is more attractive therefore why not be attractive yourself that he doesn't do that. After all women are suppose to cover up and all this to stop men being attracted to them so that's how men's brain work and in todays days a lot of adultery is happening openingly. Yes I have looked at the hadith and I think that people have interpreted it way out of context in the 60s ladies used to dress there hair high above there heads and wearing mini skirts will there chests exposed from wearing skimpy type tops. I think that many people could interpret this verse in many different ways as all humans interpret things in different ways. Also if you had long hair and you left them hanging down to prevent the camel hump look then your hair will be hanging down so you have to tie it up which will look like a hump so there no winning situation. There is much worse people are killing people have dark hearts cheat on people have no conscious that's far worse. I think wearing a scarf is better than not wearing one as long as your heart is clean Allah knows everything and he is forgiving inshallah.

    ReplyDelete